Why study in the Australia?
Australia – Destination for Education
While overseas study is expensive, Australia is more affordable than most other destinations and offers a high standard of quality education, excellent living condition and a tolerant multicultural society. Australia’s Higher Education Institutions rank among the world’s best and the quality of education they offer is correspondingly high.
Higher education in Australia provides value for money by offering shorter and more intensive courses, they quickly incorporate latest innovations in science & technology, modern trends in marketing & management in their diploma/degree programs, hence Australian education is more practical and responsive to the needs of Trade & Industry.
Australia seems to be high on the list for many reasons:
- Indian 12+3 is acceptable for Masters Degree.
- Duration for the Masters courses is between 1, 1.5 to 2 yrs.
- Competitive costs for tuitions and living in comparison to other developed countries. Like USA, UK etc.
- Australian education is recognized worldwide from US to NZ.
- High Standard of education in international terms, good research facilities available with state of the art equipment.
- Visa process is straightforward and fair.
- Currently over 40000 Indian Students in Australia.
- Australian universities are members of an International Academic community and academic staff is frequently recruited on an international basis.
- Australian academics and graduates are keenly recruited into institutions overseas, indicating a measure of Quality Education.
- ESOS Act to protect the interest of overseas students.
- Safe country with pleasant climate and a stable democracy.
- The Association of Australian Education Representatives in India (AAERI). The Association is supported by Australian High Commission, New Delhi and its members. AAERI aims to maintain high level of ethics in the profession of counselling and students recruitment for Australia.
In Australia every course offered in a university has CRICOS Code which is given by Australian Government reflecting that the education system is fully controlled by the Government in Australia. There is no formal ranking of universities. Thus students from all around the world have long made Australia their education destination.
Australia generally has two intakes i.e. February and July, with few Universities offering multiple in take in September & November. It is suggested that you should start making applications ideally 7-8 months prior to the intake. University generally takes around 4-6 weeks to process the applications.
Documents needed for making an application are resume, statement of purpose, mark sheets and passing certificates from 10th onwards, two reference letters from colleges / employers and passport copy or birth certificate & IELTS score sheet.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
Undergraduate – Bachelors
A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites
Postgraduate – Masters
A good academic record in Bachelors Degree from a recognized university is necessary
Any work experience in the field will be helpful
For MBA programs at some Universities students need to have work experience along with their Bachelors Degree